Monday, January 4, 2010

Nine to Midnight


I was so lucky this past Saturday and I got to catch up with my very good friend Jessi! We had a great lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, one of my favorite spots, and browsed some stores in the mall. Jessi has started a new career and needs some multifunctional clothing. She needs business appropriate clothes that can transition to a fun night look. So this post and Polyvore (the picture below) I put together is dedicated to Jessi and I hope she gets inspiration. I might just have my first person to style!

What I like to do is have a neutral bottom with a top that adds a pop of color. A neutral bottom - black, grey, white, denim – will go with anything. Neutral bottoms are a great basic and transition piece. If you are at a business event throw on the black pant and more conservative top and when you go out to the new hotspot change the top to a tank and add some jewelry for a chic look. If you have more casual plans grab your favorite pair of denim. Add some glitz or texture with tops that have a ruffle, pattern, sparkle, or a hanging bow. We all know some places can be chilly. With a neutral or color coordinating sweater you can very quickly choose a matching one. For a more business professional look put on a suit jacket. Add some color with your shoes and accessories. A watch is a must for keeping track of time and looks great with any outfit. I really love the Michael by Michael Kors collection. Flats are ideal for situations where you are standing and moving a lot but put a pair of heels in your tote and you can jazz up your outfit for a night on the town. With these tips you don’t even have to think of what to put on. You can just grab from your closet and go saving you time and energy.


Work to Night

1 comments on "Nine to Midnight"

MollDoll on January 4, 2010 at 7:27 PM said...

This is so you. I love the flats with the studded hearts.

Post a Comment

Followers

 

The Stylish Fox Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez