Friday, January 1, 2010

To Bang or Not to Bang


Fashion is not only clothes and accessories; it is also all about hair. There are about a million hair trends like colors, styles, lengths, and different accessories. What girl does not obsess about their hair? It is so comforting when your hair looks just how you imagine it should look! It gives you a great stride to your step.

So I have come to that time of year when I get a haircut. I usually go once every 3 to 4 months. I love my hairstylist and have been going to her for a long time. My current style and the same style for the past 6 years (except when I chopped off my hair to my chin for symbolic reasons) has been very blonde, on the longer side past my shoulders, with a slight swept away bang. At my last visit my hairstylist said “I want to give you bangs, annoying in the eye length bangs”. I told her that I was too nervous at that moment to cut them but I would think about it. And since then I have not been able to get this out of my head! I have always believed that you should let your hair stylist give you what they want because they are the expert and they will know what will look best. I have been trying to picture myself with bangs. I just can’t visualize how it will look; I have even tried folding my hair to look like bangs but that just made me doubt bangs even more. My fab friend Christine thinks bangs will look good and I should go for it. I started looking at celebrities with bangs and they are a chic sophisticated look. I am just not sure if I am going to like bangs on me and won’t be able to pull them off. Then I will have to go through the annoying task of growing them out. But with that comes cute clips and barrettes. I am just very puzzled! What do you think bangs or no bangs?




2 comments on "To Bang or Not to Bang"

Southern Belle Fashionista on January 1, 2010 at 8:32 PM said...

A Fox!! I think you would look so chic & mature with "annoying in your eyes bangs"!! I love that look!!!!! It would look so fabulous on you!!!!!! Please do it!!! And you're so right, if you don't like them now is the time to grow them out w/ all the super cute headbands, clippies, etc!! Oh, I've been wanting to do this look, but I hate things in my face! ha!!! Love ya!

p.s. chi town is fab!

MollDoll on January 1, 2010 at 8:55 PM said...

I say definately! You're young you can wear your hair the same when you're old! You would look so great with bangs and your style can pull it off! And have them start a little long at first that way if you HATE it you can wear headbands or even like part it on the side and twist it back or do a L. Conrad braid if you totally hate it! But I don't think you will! If its a hair stylist who knows you well then I'd trust them. Surround yourself with pictures of the celebs to pump you up about it!

Post a Comment

Followers

 

The Stylish Fox Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez