Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nobody likes you when 23....What's my age again?


It has been a while since I posted and a lot has been going on! 2 weeks ago it was my birthday! The big 2-3! It was a blast! And this year my birthday was on a Friday so I could go all out! I had a very fun soiree at my house with amazing friends and great music. My new favorite song “Say aah” by Trey Songz and *NSYNC was on heavy rotation. I even made appetizers – spinach and artichoke stuffed mushrooms, apple and goat cheese Bruschetta, and polish roses which is a pickle covered in cream cheese wrapped in corned beef (sounds horrible but they are so good, I got the recipe from a friend who made them for a super bowl party)! After the party we all trekked to some Bloomington bars, Brothers and Sports, 2 of my favorites.

And since it was my birthday I of course had to get a fab new outfit! I wore a new dress which I purchased from the most amazing website, asos.com, which is a UK online fashion mecca with extremely reasonably priced merchandise. The only downside is they have a problem with timely shipping and tracking packages and you have to pay a currency exchange fee. Anyway, my dress was so cute! It was a strapless dress with a slight sweetheart neckline that had a solid black torso and a striped black and white striped skirt with a gold chain pattern. It also had pockets, a great feature. I also wore black tights because it felt like the Arctic Circle outside and a black knit motorcycle jacket. I accessorized with these great black suede platform pumps from Aldo and Juicy Couture gold multi chain bracelet that I already had. My parents got me a beautiful birthday present that I also used – a new Rebecca Minkoff handbag that is black with gold zippers, it is a cross body bag that is very flat, perfect for a night on the town. I also wore my bangs, which I really like now, just took a month and a half to get used to them.


My birthday was probably the best one I have ever had and was filled with fun and great friends! My mom told me “isn’t it the worst feeling the day after your birthday because you have to wait a whole year for the next one”. Yes, it is, especially after the incredible one this year but I can’t wait to see what the next one will hold.


0 comments on "Nobody likes you when 23....What's my age again?"

Post a Comment

Followers

 

The Stylish Fox Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez