Monday, February 1, 2010

Military Overload


I am pretty willing to try all trends. I didn’t think I would like boyfriend jeans, but I bought a pair and instantly loved them. There is one trend that I have noticed in just about every apparel store that I am not behind and do not think I will ever wear unless it is very subtle. And that trend is military inspired clothing. It is now in every store and every design that I have had a huge problem of finding a simple black jacket. I do like how structured the designs of military inspired clothing are, still I just can’t seem to like the buttons and over all aesthetics of the trend.

military 2

Military inspired clothing has always been a timeless trend. Lately it has been taken to a whole new level. I also think that it has become so prominent lately for one reason and one reason only. Michael Jackson. After his death instantly we were seeing this look. I understand that he changed music and was a huge inspiration to people, including my favorite musicians, around the world. One of his signature peices was elaborate military jackets. Now, every time I see a military inspired jacket I immediately think of him. I also realize people truly adore him and never want to forget him. However, it was his style and I think it should be left for us to remember in pictures, not for the apparel industry to figure out a way to make some more money and not for us to copy his unique well established style. It was Michael Jackson’s look, not the world’s, and let’s respect him by remembering the look not saturating it into the apparel market.

Military Inspired

1 comments on "Military Overload"

Southern Belle Fashionista on February 2, 2010 at 10:59 PM said...

I agree.. I am not digging this look. I don't like the whole broad shoulder pad thing. I keep seeing it everywhere though! What is up w/ that?

Post a Comment

Followers

 

The Stylish Fox Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez